04 October 2009

L'Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium 710

It's been a while since I swatched some nail polishes for you, isn't it my pretties? That would be because my nails and I are currently not on speaking terms. They're being all soft and breaky, so in a fit of pique I clipped them right back. Realistically I only have myself to blame for their state, normally I'm fanatical about moisturing my hands/cuticles/nails which improves them no end, but lately I've been a bit slack. And so they have returned to their normal state, which is ridiculously soft and prone to splitting.

However I have at last swatched a polish for you, on my poor stubbular little nails. This is L'Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium in shade 710 (what, the colour naming fairies were off duty that day?):



I love dark charcoal greys, and this one is gorgeous. Click on the picture for a close up look at the gorgeous pin pricks of silver glitter it's packed with. Two coats, nice formula and application although the flat brush is a little on the stiff side so it doesn't fan out. I'm impressed with the wear on this. I normally change my polish every day so I don't very often get to test wear thoroughly, but because my nails are so soft and bendable I'm bound to have chipping and peeling even after one day, no matter how good the quality of the polish and even when my nails are super short like now. This photo was taken today after three days of wear and you can see there's a tiny bit of tip wear and that's all. Colour me impressed - I think I'll be getting some more of this range which retail for around NZ$15.99.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm I'm actually wondering what this would look like on my toe nails as opposed to my usual pink --- omg you are slowly subverting me and sucking me into the world of nail polish... help me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be absolutely gorgeous on toe nails! Bwahahahahahahahaha - my evil plan to take over the world with nail polish is coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already been sucked in so you can't touch me! That is gorgeous with the little silver glitters. I love glitter! I painted my nails a green (forget shade) from Diamond Cosmetics. It was too much VNL. I'm painting my nails with SH Xtreme Wear Strobe Light. I just love that glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've never seen Strobe Light - what's it like?

    ReplyDelete