05 October 2009

M.A.C. Jin Soon Collection - Beyond Jealous

This polish nearly did my head in trying to photograph it. No matter what I did it resolutely refused to show any colour other than black (not helped by today's cloudly weather). Beyond Jealous is not black. It is dark, dark, dark green. So dark that in many lights it does, admittedly look black, but when the light hits it right and it shows the green it is gorgeous.




Can you see the green? Can you? Maybe it's my monitor. Anyhoo, you'll have to trust me on this, it's gorgeous. I'm glad it's the one polish from the collection I decided to buy. Application was lovely, two coats - almost a one coater if you were into applying thicker coats. The only thing I did find is that it's not as self-levelling as most glossy cremes, but a top coat of Seche Vite smoothed out the couple of uneven bits.

2 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous on you. I hate when these beautiful deep greens look more black. I want to buy Dry Martini. I do have lots of shades something like it. I'm debating whether to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so on the fence about Dry Martini. I think I might like it, but it's such an unusual and odd colour, I don't want to spend NZ$24.95 on it and then find that it doesn't work for me. It's a little on the 'dirty' side I think.

    ReplyDelete