10 June 2016

Barry M Magnetic Neptune Sea



Magnetic nail polishes are a really cute idea, but they never really live up to their promise in my experience. It may be just me, but I find that the designs are crisp and clear immediately after applying the magnet, but not long after the magnetised particles start to drift back in with the rest of the formula and the design becomes blurry. Which is exactly what we've got here. The unmagnetised polish is a gorgeous silver blue, and when magnetised it becomes a blue shimmer background with a silver design. But then the silver particles start to migrate their way back into the blue and the design loses its clarity. Maybe it's just me, maybe some magnetic polishes are better than others, I don't know. If you've got any hints I'd love to hear them.

This was two coats, the first applied as normal, then after the second coat I held that nail to the magnet. For ages. Ages and ages. And then applied my top coat of Seche Vite. The design, which is a starburst, looked awesome immediately after doing this, but of course by the time I took the photos in daylight the next day it was just kind of ... fuzzy. So, not a huge success, but I think it's a keeper just because the unmagnetised colour is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment