29 June 2009

Anti-smoking measures

I'm in the process of giving up smoking. It sucks. I mean it's great that I'm doing it, but it makes me very very very grumpy. Kids, don't start smoking, because one day you'll want to give up and it will suck.

The plus side of this though is that the Eccentric English Boyfriend is being very tolerant of my need to distract myself by spending money on pretties. It works, hours browsing in the mall are hours when I'm not thinking about smoking. And of course we know what happens when I go shopping - I buy nail polish. And shoes, but that was the aliens.

Here's the haul, some from the mall and some ordered online.



We have: China Glaze He's Going in Circles (I got this on my toes when I got a pedicure recently and it is a stunner), Black Opal (no colour name or even number on the bottle), China Glaze Ruby Pumps, China Glaze Solar Power, China Glaze Tree Hugger (note to TradeMe sellers, I get really annoyed when you don't state the bottle size on your listing and then it arrives and I find I've paid for minis - grrrrr), BYS Envy Me and two colours by Winniax or Winwax or something - the brand name is hard to read and the rest of the writing on the bottle is Asian - both bought from the $3 Japan store.

I have Ruby Pumps on at the moment and it is truly stunning. Jam packed with glitter and impossible to capture in a photograph at night time, so if I remember I'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That does suck. I hope it wasn't expensive to get the minis instead of the regular size. I hope your successful quitting smoking. Good luck. You'll need lots of distractions from smoking. Polish is nice to buy. It's not as expensive as cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete