13 June 2009

Your daily dose of pretty: I really need some pretty today

I lost my wallet. I don't know how it happened, I had it when I went to the supermarket yesterday morning, and when I went to look for it today it wasn't in my handbag. It hadn't been turned in at the supermarket (I think I may have said a naughty word to the poor supermarket lady when I rang) so I'd say it's gone for good. Which meant a morning spent ringing banks to cancel cards - grrrrrr. Anyway there was only one way to cure the grump this put me in, and that was to head to the mall with a pocket full of money begged from the Eccentric English Boyfriend, buy a wallet to put the money in, and indulge in a little bit of retail therapy. Which means buying nail polishes.

So here is my haul.



Left to right, Revlon Molten Metal (Limited Edition) bought in the Farmers sale for NZ$10.50, and Santee Sky Blue, Beach Blue and Red Speckle picked up at the Dollar Store for NZ$3.00 each. As much as I'm a fan of the higher end nail polishes it doesn't hurt to try the cheaper ones occasionally, they may just yield a pleasant surprise. And that pleasant surprise is today's Pretty.



That's Red Speckle, and trust me the photo doesn't do it justice. It's a deep berry red jelly with tonnes of red and pink glitter - we're talking a hunka-hunka burning glitter here!

Application wise I was really impressed. So often with the cheaper glitter polishes the glitter doesn't even end up on the nail, but with Red Speckle every brush stroke was jam packed with glitter. The polish was a nice consistency, applied evenly and gave bottle colour in two coats. It's so very pretty - every time I think about all the stuff that was in my wallet I look at my nails and feel just a little bit better.

But I still have to go and get a replacement driver's licence on Monday. Grrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment