27 February 2010

Swatch love: Fyrinnae Lip Lustres

Indie makeup company Fyrinnae's products have been getting a lot of love around the makeup blogs recently, so I decided it was about time I tried them for myself. I bought some of their eyeshadows, primers and powders which I'll talk about in another post, but today I thought I'd give you a quick look at some of their Lip Lustres.

Fyrinnae's Lip Lustres are not lip glosses - they describe them on their site as lip colour stains - and they have a unique weightless, soft velvet-like texture on the lips that I absolutely love, with none of the stickiness that many glosses give.  I bought six colours, including two blues for 14 Year Old Daughter who snatched them as soon as I opened the package and took them with her to her dad's, so swatches of them will have to come later. In the meantime here are the other four:


Left to right: Lace Gloves, Flavor of the Day, Acidic Cherry, Glitter Kittiez.

Lace Gloves
 

A hard one to capture with the camera, described on the site as a sheer with pink and red highlights - I LOVE this one on me, and I think it's going to become my go-to neutral. The pink highlight is so pretty.

Flavor of the Day

Described on the site as a semi-sheer light peach-pink with gold highlights, in the tube I thought this might be a little too peach-leaning for my skin but actually it's just right - a barely there shade with a lovely shimmer running through it. Another go-to neutral.

Acidic Cherry

Oh Acidic Cherry where have you been all my life? My full lips and hard-to-match skin tone make it nigh on impossible to find a vampy lip colour that doesn't make me look like a jaundiced zombie hooker, but in Acidic Cherry I think I've found my Holy Grail. Described on the site as a deep, sexy, shimmer burgundy, Acidic Cherry has a gorgeous pink sparkle to it, and is one of the opaque lip lustres - and when they say opaque they mean it, one swipe of this puppy and you've got full coverage.

Glitter Kittiez
Described on the site as a deep, sparkly magenta pink, this is the shade my camera had the hardest time catching. It's darker and more magenta than this photo shows. When I saw it in the tube I thought it might be a bit too pink for me, but on the lip it's quite lovely.

All the lip lustres have their own subtle scent which is lovely and not too overpowering (I'm quite sensitive to scent and find some lip glosses too much for me). I bought all of these as mini sample sizes (3.5ml) which are US$2.50 each, and I'll definitely be visiting the site again to order them as full sizes (5.8ml) which are US$4.50 each. Oh and to order some samples of their other Lip Lustres because I'm hooked.

By the way, normally I would tell you to click on the pictures to enlarge them so you can see the colours in all their glory but actually ... ummm, well, quite frankly I need to wax my top lip! Don't say you weren't warned! (I have Italian ancestry, it's given me a fiery temperament, a love of food and an excess of hair!).

No comments:

Post a Comment