20 February 2010

Today's nail: Maybelline Tasseled Taupe

My pretties I have so much nail polish to swatch for you, including a look at the two collections Color Club are releasing here in New Zealand for winter. Hopefully I'll get some swatching done tomorrow, and in the meantime here's today's colour, which was part of a bulk lot I bought off TradeMe a while ago:

I'm quite partial to taupes, and Tasseled Taupe is a beauty. The base is an amazing dirty brown/grey creme, and it's packed with gold shimmer. Not the greatest application, there was a lot of streaking which meant that three coats were required for it to be opaque, and it wasn't particularly self-levelling - a top coat of Seche Vite was required for a smooth finish.

You'll have to excuse the white powder at the very ends of my nails in the last picture, I must have scratched my face in between photos because what you see there is remnants of my mineral foundation! Oh and check out my long nails, which are actually cheap glue-on artificial nails from a local dollar store. I picked my nails down to nubbins again, silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment