09 April 2010

Celebrate Pretty Clever's first birthday - enter the competition

Can you believe it my pretties, on 6 April Pretty Clever turned one. Yes it's a whole year since I started this journey, and looking back it's interesting to see how Pretty Clever has developed. When I started out I was planning to do lots of how-to and advice articles, and instead I gradually found my niche as a Purveyor of the Pretty, with occasional reviews and fashion/beauty news thrown in for good measure. I also might have bought quite a lot of pretty stuff - it's jolly hard exercising restraint when you spend so much time every day staring at pretties!

Anyway, a blog is nothing without its readers, and to thank you all for reading, commenting and sharing in my world of pretty I'm running a competition. As quite a lot of you live outside New Zealand I thought it would be fun to have the prize made up entirely of products from New Zealand companies (which does mean no nail polish though, as there are no New Zealand companies who make nail polish). So I went and did a bit of shopping and here's what I came up with for you:


A Karen Murrell lipstick in Cordovan Natural - a lovely neutral colour. I'll be doing a post about this lipstick range soon, suffice it to say they are the best lipsticks I've ever used, and I don't say that lightly!


A collection of New Zealand made beauty products, from left to right: Merino Lanolin Skin Creme (I swear by this stuff, it is fabulous hand cream), Simunovich Olive Estate Olive Natural Soap, Trilogy Rosehip Oil, Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Soothing Eye Gel (I bought myself a tube of this too, and it feels lovely on), and a cute little Great Barrier Island Bee Co Lip Balm on a carabiner.


Cupcake themed nail files and a cupcake mirror from local fashion chain Glassons.

And finally, the fabulous Artisan Jouel very generously donated this gorgeous lampwork necklace (as modelled by 14 Year Old Daughter).


The photo doesn't do it justice - I have one of these in blue and it is so pretty.

So, to the nitty gritty. To enter you need to be a follower of Pretty Clever AND leave a comment on this post with your email address and how you follow me (and no, "I stand outside your window at night" is not the type of following I mean).

Once you've done that, you can get yourself extra entries by doing the following (each method gets you ONE extra entry).  And I can't stress enough, please make sure you tell me in the comments that you've done these too:

1. Go visit 14 Year Old Daughter's blog, read the post she's done about this competition and leave a comment.

2. Become a fan of Pretty Clever blog on Facebook.

3. Post a link to the competition on your blog.

The competition is open to all, NZ or international, and closes Friday 23 April. So what are you waiting for my pretties? Go on, enter! And thank you all for coming along on this ride with me.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment