27 May 2010

World MS Day


My pretties, I am so sorry for being a bad, bad blogger. My mind has been so scattered lately for some reason that's not entirely apparent, then my pregnant best friend was admitted to hospital with pre-eclampsia and I got the flu and I've just not had inspiration strike. Hopefully once this flu clears I'll be back at full (daily) strength but in the meantime I wanted to take time out from blogging about prettiness to point out that today is World MS Day.

If you've been with me for a while you'll know that just before Christmas I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. While I'm now in remission (with the exception of occasional vision problems) I live every day with the knowledge that another episode could be just around the corner (or not, MS is an irritatingly nebulous disease) and while I'm mostly just getting on with life and enjoying all the prettiness it has to offer some days quite frankly it scares the hibbledee-jibbledees out of me.

So much of MS is still a puzzle. While some things are certain, like the fact that women are more prone to it than men and the further away from the equator you live the higher your chances of having it (so, you know, yay for me being a girl AND being born in the south of the South Island of New Zealand!) theories on its cause - and possibilities for its cure - come and go.

So today, even if you can't support your local MS Society financially, I ask that you spare us and the wonderful people who work on our behalf a thought. And if you can donate to the cause - well that would be super awesome!

Selina xox

3 comments:

  1. Miss you! Hope you get feeling better really soon honey. Loads of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicole :) I'll be back soon - promise! As soon as my head stops feeling like there's a block of concrete banging around inside it. Stupid flu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Hope you'll be better and back here soon!

    ReplyDelete