31 August 2010

Your daily dose of pretty: Solid perfumes by Crazylibellule and the Poppies

When the only break in a 24 hour flight from London to Auckland is two hours in Hong Kong airport, you know there's only one thing to do right? Yup - duty free shopping.

Actually, according to 11 Year Old Son the only thing to do during a two hour stopover in Hong Kong airport is to find the nearest McDonalds, despite the fact that during our two day stay in Hong Kong on the way out to England he was mortified - mortified I tell you - to discover that you can't get Sweet & Sour sauce with your McNuggets in Hong Kong. I think that was the moment when he truly realised he was in a foreign country!

Anyway, while I was standing at the counter in one of the cosmetics outlets waiting to pay for my Lancome Hypnose mascara (half the price I would pay for it in NZ - did I mention how much I love duty free?) I found myself browsing the counter displays. Cute little displays at the cosmetics counter have an effect on me similar to that of candy displays beside the supermarket checkout on small children. Except I have a credit card and nobody to say no (Eccentric English Boyfriend had taken 11YO Son for his McDonalds top-up!).

I spotted the Crazylibellule and the Poppies Les Garconnes solid perfume sticks and fell in love with the beautiful packaging:


Aren't they gorgeous? I bought Rose a Saigon (third from the right), which is quite delightful. Don't ask me to describe its scent for you though; much like wine-tasting, perfume descriptions are way beyond my ability so the best answer you're likely to get is "well, it smells, ummm, nice".

I can't find much information about Crazylibellule and the Poppies - their website is currently closed for maintenance - but their products seem to be available at many online cosmetics retailers. Does anybody else have one of these in their stash? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. They are so pretty - and the packaging is the reason I buy "Hard Candy" cosmetics at the dreaded WalMart (puke)....but I have found that the products are pretty good.

    I hope the site opens again - I am interested to find out more about this product!

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged about them sometime ago. Twice. One was a rave when I saw the advert ages ago, second was my impressions when I tried them at Sephora. Honestly I wasn't impressed. Too much hype, not enough substance... they basically smelled terrible on my skin... :(

    ReplyDelete