21 May 2009

Review: M.A.C. Peppermint Patti

After blogging about my desire for this colour a few weeks ago, I went straight out to the M.A.C. store and bought a bottle of it. And let me tell you, it is just as gorgeous in person as it looks in the photos - a gorgeous mid green creme that makes me think of summer and mint choc chip icecream (mmmmmm ... mint choc chip icecream). That said however, I did have quite a few issues with it - given that it was roughly the same price as OPI I expected good things from the application and it really didn't live up to my expectations at all.



First problem: the bottle. I love M.A.C.'s packaging, it's understated and sexy, and the polish bottle is gorgeous is it not, with it's tapered lines and stubby, rounded lid? But this is where the problem lies - the width and stubbiness of the lid makes it difficult to hold and manipulate comfortably whilst applying the polish.

Problems with the bottle aside, application wise the polish was most definitely a problem child. Although the finished application was a gorgeous smooth creme with no brushstrokes, getting to that point was a bugger! Even after three coats streaking was a real problem, and the polish had a tendency to drag quite badly.

All that said, it has become one of my favourite colours and I will persevere with applying it just because I love how it looks so very much.

On a side note, I apologise for not swatching this. My nails are post acrylics at the moment, and too short and ridged to be photogenic!

No comments:

Post a Comment