16 June 2009

Your daily dose of pretty: hooray for Chanel dupes and girly shopping trips

Girly shopping trip today with a dear friend who I hadn't seen for ages. Good company and pretty things, the perfect day really!

And lookity-lookity what I found in Mi Piaci:



Do they look familiar? If you've been following this blog you'll recognise them as an almost exact dupe of the Chanel shoes I fell in love with a few weeks ago. These are the Mi Piaci Parker, and while the black and cream version in the photo differs from the Chanel shoe in having a single colour heel the brown and cream version I tried on in the shop had the same two tone heel as the Chanel shoes. The Mi Piaci shoes retail for NZ$230.00, which seems like a lot to me considering the most I've ever spent on shoes was NZ$200.00 for a pair of Overland boots (on sale), but when you consider that Chanel shoes tend to retail for around US$500.00 it is a considerable saving on the original.

I didn't buy them though. I so very badly wanted to, and I suspect that when the Eccentric English Boyfriend reads this he will think it is a Very Good Thing that my replacement credit card hasn't arrived yet. Check out the Mi Piaci website here.

6 comments:

  1. In case you're wondering folks, yes the previous comment was brought to you by the Eccentric English Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they looked so cute on you! :(

    My biltong got re-conoitered by the parentsl, good thing I hid the koeksister and droewors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did didn't they?

    I knew you should have bought more biltong, it's not going to last the day is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I think my mum just hid the bag from my dad so he won't finish it off before 5 LOL!

    Been reading bout the Seche range of products; this is getting superbly evil and scary cause I can see a base and top coat I want, plus I wanna do a frenh manicure! ARGH! All your fault! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come to the Pretty Side, we have nail polish!

    ReplyDelete