17 July 2009

Eyeko polish swatches

You know I just can't leave a polish on for more than one day without getting bored. Desperate to change my colour I decided it would be fun to put Eyeko Disco Polish over Fast Woman. Well it turns out Disco Polish actually isn't so great for layering. Have a look and you'll see what I mean:




Now when I say it's not good for layering, I don't mean it in a bad way. Disco Polish is so chock-full of fine silver glitter that after just one coat most of Fast Woman had disappeared. With two coats it would be completely opaque, no small feat for a glitter polish with a clear base! It was like having a little old disco ball on my finger tips, and I loved it! I don't do clubbing (never have) but this polish makes me want to - it screams out to be seen under flashing lights!

By this stage I was itching to try another polish, so I managed to squeeze just enough from my nail polish remover to take that off and try out Eyeko Pastel Polish.




A quick word about the Eyeko polish bottles. They are gorgeous are they not? These guys know how to do super-cute packaging. But, the lid is a little difficult to work with, just a wee bit too small and stubby it feels like it could easily slip out of your fingers.

Anyhoo, on to the polish itself. Pretty! So very, very pretty. A gorgeous pale pale baby's breath blue with the faintest hint of a pink shimmer through it, I love it. Application-wise there was a LOT of streaking, this is four coats and in the end I had to hope that a top coat of Seche Vite would even out the finish, which it did. It's also one of those polishes that becomes tacky very quickly, making correction difficult. However, Pastel Polish is oh so very pretty, I can forgive its problem child tendencies.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just absolutely love that pastel polish! I think I'm going to have to get it.... :) The glitter one is really pretty too. Love the shape of your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is just beautiful isn't it. It's unlike any other pale blue that I've used.

    Thanks for the compliment, I've always found shaping my nails to be a challenge because some of them are quite a lot thinner at the cuticle end than they are at the tips, so as they grow out they start to look like triangles! Obviously I'm some sort of freak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glitter reminds me of a Color Club that's all glitter. That's pretty good coverage for a clear base. The pastel is so pretty on you. I hate when polishes are a streaky mess.

    ReplyDelete