02 October 2009
Ten Random Facts
The lovely Millie over at Glittermillie's Nails and Sparkle tagged me for this award ages ago (thank you Millie), but I am so far behind in my blog reading that I've only just spotted her post! Anyway the idea is that I list 10 things you (probably) don't know about me, and then tag ten blogs I love. Soooooooo...
1. My first cat was called Socks. He was grey. With white socks.
2. I am obsessed with alphabetising things - books, CD's, DVD's, my herbs and spices. Ocasionally I try to line up all our animals in alphabetical order, but it ends badly.
3. I am only five foot tall. The Eccentric English Boyfriend is six foot tall. Sometimes I catch sight of us in a window as we're walking down the street and realise how funny we look together.
4. I am named after one of the Lawson Quintuplets (born in 1965 in New Zealand and a massive media sensation at the time). When I was born mum and dad didn't have any girls names sorted, so I was 'Baby McEntee" until mum read an article about the Lawson Quins, saw that one of them was named Selina and the rest is history. I love my name, and I especially love that I hardly ever meet anyone else with the same name.
5. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 31. I'm still not very good at it. Unless wobbling, squealing and falling off constitutes being good at it, in which case I'm, like, a total expert!
6. I am utterly terrified of slugs. I live in mortal fear that one will leap at me from a great height and land on the back of my neck. Cos slugs can do that, you know!
7. My favourite word is 'discombobulated'. I love the way it sounds - say it out loud and you'll see what I mean!
8. When The Eccentric English Boyfriend and I were in London in 2007 Pierce Brosnan was staying at the same hotel as us (it was a VERY nice hotel). He walked past me twice, and both times EEB was looking the other way and didn't see him. To this day he's convinced I made it up!
9. My love of the colour purple dates back to the dress I wore to my first school ball in 1987. The dress itself was an exercise in 1980's hideousness but it was the most gorgeous deep purple colour.
10. I apparently have no problems publically humiliating myself, because here is a picture of the aforementioned exercise in 1980's hideousness!
I think someone murdered my corsage!
Since I'm so far behind in getting to this, most of the blogs I read have already done it, so I'm not going to tag anyone. Instead, if you have a blog and you haven't done this already then I tag YOU! And don't forget to leave me a link in the comments if you do.