22 November 2009

Your daily dose of pretty: it's just a jump to the left

Talk about awesome - The Rocky Horror Picture Show was on TV tonight! I haven't watched it for years, and it's still a bundle of fun. I don't think I ever get tired of Tim Curry's wonderfully campy performance as Frank-n-Furter and I still know the Time Warp off by heart (it was all I could do not to jump up and dance along - that would have impressed the kids ... NOT!).

But the other thing I spotted tonight, while I was watching, were the adorable shoes on some of the chorus line/guests. Look here:


If you've been reading this blog for more than say, five seconds, you know I love me some mary janes.

(On a side note, I never liked Columbia, her voice was too squeaky - and those eyebrows! Magenta was my favourite.)

Anyway, I did a bit of searching to see if I could find some shoes like those - which I did - but along the way I was side-tracked by these:


and somehow they fit perfectly with the theme!

I suspect I'm a little too close to 40 to get away with these, but 14 Year Old Daughter is going to love them. (Mental note: do not show these to 14 Year Old Daughter.)

The Funtasma By Pleaser Women's Contessa-57 Platform Mary Jane is $44.95 on Endless, and currently only available in US sizes 6, 11 and 12 - so 14 Year Old Daughter can't have them anyway!

What do you think my pretties? I little OTT perhaps? And can you still remember the Time Warp?

3 comments:

  1. Love that show! Why can't you wear those shoes. They look beautiful and would look adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, but please remember that the comments section is not the place for advertising. If you have a site, product or service you think I'd be interested in please click on the Contact to contact me.